Friday, May 25, 2012

writer stereotype

I have been reading a lot of articles lately and all of them are discussing how a writer seems to be detached from their families, how they are referred to as rather strange and weird. And in all honesty, in my experience these assumptions can be true.
I am honestly socially inept, that I find it uncomfortable socializing on a deeper level. Whenever I meet new people, I always have to have a wingman, or a another person that I know and I am comfortable with.
Putting me alone in a situation where these people know each other and don't know me, will definitely stress me out. After some time, I will definitely need my alone time to recharge and center myself.
Whenever I have to socialize with relatives, I find it hard to keep up, mostly because I can't think and I have certain paranoid tendencies. What they think of me, or are they judging me. Added to the fact that I am judging them.
It is also entirely different when I travel alone and talk to strangers. I am excited and eager because I control the situation. There is also no commitment. After chatting with them or doing things with them, you can leave them alone and there is not going to be an issue.
But I always try to appear as bubbly and jolly and superficial. Because that's really who I am. I am easy to please. But harder to understand.
I like mainstream films but I love the deeper ones. I follow fashion trends. I want to drink with buddies and go on a spa day with girlfriends. I am neurotic. I smoke but I don't drink. I go to the gym and try the organic nonsense and eat a burger meal the next day. I like mystery and comedies. I like teen dramas and boring men-driven shows like Mad Men. I do normal things with others but I satiate my strange desires when alone. I like to cry for no reason at all or to something that to others may sound really silly. I like to get mad and smash bottles. I believe that personal appearance rules over intellect. But being really manipulative with how to use your beauty will rule the earth.
Often I like to keep my emotions to myself. I feel naked when I open up to someone. it scares me. I am the one to answer Nothing when asked if there is something bothering me,. Opening up to someone about my feelings is the least I will do to a friend or to a significant other.
I also think I want things because others want them. Same with work and with men. I can compete for the heck of it. It's not in my nature. But just to shake things up a bit, I will. 
I keep a game and happy face because that's how I cope. I am not always weird. I am not always normal. Otherwise I'd just be another stereotype.

No comments:

Post a Comment