Sunday, May 29, 2011

TV people


Hung out with my college friends who work in TV networks like I do. The difference is I work for narrative programs and they work for news and format programs. A segment producer, a writer and an executive producer. And they are from the rival TV station.

You know it was the usual banter, about which station is better. They all agree we do best in drama. And I agree they excel in news. Their stars are not really, ehem, stars.

It was great and bantering with them was so much fun and stimulating and refreshing. We banter like there is no tomorrow. And we make sure each banters count and are funny. How healthy and stimulating is that?

In the end we agreed not to talk about TV, which was really cool since we are all involved in TV in one way or another and we want to veer away from that world for a while, but in the end we still talked about TV, because in the end, it isn't just our career, it is our lifestyle. Our passion. I agree to taking pride into something big. TV is big. We dictate the popular culture of the masses. And it feels great to be part of that.

What feels good about this get together is that I am happy because it seems everyone is happy, because everyone seems to be in a good place. Blooming. Becoming. This means no one is above or below anyone, and I feel our positions are all transforming us into something we want to become in the future, and for some, they have already achieved it.
Which brings me to feeling thankful. I want to always keep a grateful heart. I am thanking the Lord for every blessing, and I promise not to put all lessons to waste. I am reminded how great and big this world is, and I am reminded to always be grateful that I am a part of it. And all the trust and love God is giving me.

*******

Also, I was reminded of how naughty i was in college. Haha. Well, I feel that somehow, instead of becoming more naughty I became more reserved as years go by. Meaning, I look for love and commitment than the counterfeit. Got it? Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment