Saturday, November 20, 2010

PFA


Last week I spent overnight with the most kickass and notorious group of friends, the PFA or prominent faces alliance. I didn't even know how we got called that, but I believe it was Dan who coined that phrase. Prominent Face is like a term we assigned to an individual who has this unreadable, relaxed, take charge face, kinda like poker face before even Lady Gaga made a song out of it, really. Which makes us visionaries of our time. Haha. Seriously it's a face of someone who's too cool to care, and that's just us. Too cool to care.
There are a lot of us, I think we are about ten or more as a whole. (Me, Riza, Ivy, Rose, Pops, Ana C, Dan, Ana D, Julie, Sherylou, Macho, and other honorary members Cath and Zianne). We're almost like a college org in number but we're really not. And it will exhaust you to read their profiles or how they mean to me. But collectively we're a bunch of crazy people who hung out a lot together in college because we are fun, cliquey and we love to make fun of people who we don't like. They're the bunch of friends who I used to run and lead for productions and we always ace everyone of them. =) We go to lunch together, gimmicks together and they have been with me through all the growing up phase of college and life.
To have a barkada in college is one of the best experiences ever. This means that you have a lot of people behind your back, who will support and stick with you. You have constant lunch mates and people to hang out with during the long breaks in between classes. I pity some classmates who do not have their own barkada back in college. I mean, the whole college experience is all about fun and trying out new things, and who else to experience this with but your college barkada?
They say that highschool experience is all about cliques and trying so hard to fit in. The barkada you have in highschool won't end up as a long time friend, but only a select few. College orgs and friends tend to be allied with you forever because by this time, you've selected your course which invariably meant, selecting the people to hang out with. When you start working however, everything is all about you and that your officemates could become friends but essentially you're competitors.
I'm thankful to have been with them during college, and to have a barkada like them to hold on to and to make me laugh. I am blessed to have them in my life back then and until now.
College happened and we went on with our careers and I believe I've had constant contact with almost everyone of them ever since we graduated. Some of them I regularly text and call for some weekend hangout, gym, and spa. Some of us had settled down and gotten married but are still consistently as kickass and prominent as ever.
After our little get together I've come to realize how thankful I was to have met them, to have gotten to know them. Sometimes work and single life makes me so self absorbed and self aware about little trivialities, which you will later realize that they are indeed, trivial. It also made me aware of my own ticking body clock as I have come to realize that there were only about four of us who were not married, three of us who were not in a relationship!
What's amazing with us is that, even if we are a handful, there is no bad blood, there are no little intrigues, it's just us, what you see is what you get. I guess that's what the whole phrase prominent face means, we look and act tough but deep inside you'll know how kind, cool, and how accepting we are of everyone we meet.
These people know me from head to foot, they know my quirks and my little idiosyncrasies and I know they love me for that. Haha. I just wish to spend more time with everyone of them regularly. But I'm thankful for the times I spend with some of them as it is. =)
Right now I am happy that everyone of us are in good places in life. Some are on top of their careers, others are happy starting their own families, and Rose is pregnant! See everyone of you again in December! Stay prominent!

No comments:

Post a Comment