Friday, October 14, 2011

these days

sometimes it's hard to keep up.
there are so many demands that the universe seem to keep prodding us.
I'm 27 years old. And I feel like I am missing out. A lot.
Honestly, I would like to showcase what I got and flaunt it.
But a hundred other things are stopping me.
I am limiting my own self.
I am limiting my own world, and the people I should care about. It's a late night/early morning post. And I can't help being reflective. Why can't I be one of those people who flirts just for the sake of flirting.
I used to enjoy this when I was younger.
Now I feel like a first date along with flirting is a complete waste of time.
It all becomes tiring, superficial and cheap.
Last week, I was in a company of like minded people, and I feel like this guy is focusing his attention on me. And yet I was in my very aloof state.
Weeks ago this recently singled guy ( ex of my former workmate) chatted me up on FB and all i did was translate to him how busy I am and how dating is unnecessary. He messaged me a couple of times and I never replied. He never messaged me again. Of course.
Yesterday I met up with an ex and he was so friendly and all. But I never did take a hint at what he was driving at, the reason why he asked to meet up. My body does need it but why am I so cold?
Am I turning into an ice queen.?
I want to throw myself back there but it's tedious.
Gah.
Maybe because I want the butterflies.
The ideal situation.
The spark.
If there were none, I would rather be alone I guess?
Not for a long time I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment