Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Steve Jobs

Rest in peace, innovator, tastemaker. =( He defined a culture. He showed that what he does can actually change the world.

It was weeks ago when I began ruminating about getting a Mac computer. It filled my waking hours. I don't know. Then I was also obsessed about getting an Ipad and an Iphone. It was 2 weeks ago, I was researching. Probably because I can afford it now. And I want to indulge, gift my self with something so insanely expensive and flashy.

Looks like I am going to buy one of those within the month or next month.

What these products represent affluence, but also innovation. Steve Jobs said that these products are the best and as a human being, you regard yourself as someone who demands high standard when you own one of his products. If you consider yourself to be the best, you want to own the best.

I never cared so much about the computers and the phones, and tablets. What I cared about was music.

I purchased my first apple product years ago, it was an Ipod classic. And I never purchased any MP3 player lesser than Apple. It was the standard.

Probably because music is important to me. Thanks for the music. That's probably what Apple is about for me back then.

But now, I know and understand what he stands. Yes those things were just products. But they are pioneers. Who knew music can exist as digital files? Who reinvented smartphones? Who pushed Ipad as a standard?

Mac products are products but they are results of genius.

I refuse to be caught up in these image-making products but sometimes you have to step out. Claim your place. And level up.

No comments:

Post a Comment