Wednesday, June 1, 2011

debrief



So the other day I was able to read a big bad book of birthdays in the lounge of our company's big conference room. I was waiting for our team's turn to present our new teleserye concept so I decided to read a bit.

As I was reading that big bad book of birthdays, turned the page to April 25, I realized something - the person being described isn't me!

Haha.

It's crazy to believe in that kind of stuff but as it happens, I am in need of an inspiration.
Plus when it comes to zodiac signs, there are some things that might be true, there are some that are not.As I was informed, zodiac signs are archetypes - one of these signs will fit your personality one way or another.

So let me spill the juice. The book described me as basically a calm, serene, peace loving person determined to succeed. Check.

My negative traits said that I am- unforgiving, unaccepting, overbearing and a snob!

I have a thought. Some stuff from the birthday book is true. But the interesting thing is this attitude of being a snob.

Yes it's true. I am a closet snob. I am sort of a racist when it comes to people I meet. I always look for substance.I read somewhere that when it comes to meeting and surrounding yourself with people, you should always look for people who can teach you things. People whom you can learn a lot from. As much as possible.

Okay being a snob is true and is one thing, but the other three negative traits are just not true!

********

Sometimes when I sleep at night I get bombarded by thoughts. Thoughts on what are my goals are. I have a goal, and I have achieved it to some degree. So now that everything is quite calm, I am becoming restless. I assault myself with these questions - Who am I to the core. What are the most important stuff for me?Because really, you cannot go on living without something to inspire you.I read that I am materialistic. And this is true. I like to travel, gain possessions, invest in big stuff.

But more than that, the question remains. Who are you to your core? The intangibles. Those are the hardest things to come by.

********

I am thinking of taking up a masteral course. Philosophy minor in Philippine Studies. How does that sound? I am starting to enjoy philosophy. And i want to be an advocate of tourism in the country.I also want to teach. There is nothing as precious with trying to share your knowledge to people around you. I like the idea of mentoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment